Compared to other food ingredients, children tend to have more difficulty eating vegetables and fruits.Though these foods can maintain the health and growth of children.
Vegetables and fruit contain vitamins, minerals and fiber which are very good for children's health.There are several factors that cause your little one to refuse consumption of vegetables and fruit.One of them is the texture and taste that is bland so it doesn't attract children's attention.
If you eat less vegetables, it can lead to an increase in non-communicable diseases.PTM includes hypertension, stroke, obesity to chronic kidney failure. So that this doesn't happen, it's best if you need to do a few tricks. In this way children are more interested in consuming vegetables and fruits.
1. Give an example The children usually follows the parents. If vegetables and fruits are not in the daily menu at home, don't expect your children to eat them. Usually children eat what they know. And they won't ask for one special meal if they don't know it.
2. Make eating vegetables and fruits something fun Children love to play with their food. They also like games. Broccoli can be intimidating for a child who prefers macaroni or cheese. But if they pretend to be a dinosaur who has to eat five miniature trees in order to chase a tyrannosaurus rex, your little one is guaranteed to be happily eating broccoli as a miniature tree.
3. Get children involved Children are sometimes more interested in consuming food if they participate in preparing the food. You can try to take your little one to a traditional market. After that let them choose one or two vegetables to cook. This will make your little one more interested in eating the vegetables he chooses. You can also invite your little one to learn to grow their own vegetables or fruits. In addition, you can invite your little one to clean carrots, wash the beans, and prepare the vegetables on the table for dinner. It will make your little one proud and more interested in eating vegetables and fruits.
4. Don't force your little one to finish food The biggest misconception that parents make is forcing their little one to eat food that he doesn't like so that he becomes like. In fact, this coercion actually creates a negative eating experience for your little one. As a result, your little one will associate vegetables and fruits with negative feelings. And that experience will stick around.
5. Give a gift to your little one. Creating a pleasant eating experience for your little one can reduce the tendency for your little one to be picky about food. Your little one will certainly be happy if he is given a gift when he tries one bite of vegetables or fruit that he previously didn't like. In the future, your little one will consider these vegetables or fruits to be healthy foods. Because, gifts are usually associated with something good.
6. Give foods of various colors Your little one usually likes foods that have a variety of colors. You can try adding vegetables of various colors to the plate.
7. Make food serving in an attractive shape or serve with beautiful plate Children usually like it when their food is served in certain shapes on their plates. Usually the little one prefers their food not mixed. If you make a heart or smiley face, your little one will love it more. And there are many options of plate that you can buy for your little one, from different colors to different shapes but not all of them actually have a good function make. Make sure to buy not only because of it looks but also the materials that safe for babies, and it can last a long time. If you have trouble finding it we have options for you to buy!
Avanchy is sustainable baby dishware that comes with many colors and different materials! There are bamboo, stainless steel and silicone. All made with safe materials for baby and comes with special bottom suction for mess-free meal times!